The Switch on Respect course provides the stimulus for everyone to develop respectful thinking patterns and behaviors. People at all levels can develop useful strategies and internal messages to avoid unconscious bias, intolerance and disrespect. At times, we all need to re-evaluate our thinking patterns and behaviors. This helps us to become more open, respectful, unbiased, inclusive and tolerant, and leads to more effective communication skills. You can learn to develop respectful communication by starting with respectful and non-judgmental internal messages.
The Switch on Respect course demonstrates a simple approach based on the notion of ‘scripts’ or ‘messages’ in our head that help us or hinder us at work. It helps us to recognize a range of typical thinking patterns that underpin the actions and work that people do. It shows how negative messages can be transformed with a proactive approach to: SWITCH ON POSITIVE MESSAGES!
SWITCH ON RESPECT is ideal for training seminars, short meetings, conferences, workshops and for one on one motivational coaching or self-development online.
The SWITCH ON RESPECT program has four segments:
- Segment 1 – covers general dislikes, prejudices and racism and the need to be open and learn
- Segment 2 – explores overcoming judgmental and uncaring reactions
- Segment 3 –helps move beyond false beliefs, assumptions and ignorance
- Segment 4 – covers skills and actions for changing and forgiving
Key Learning Points
In this course, you will learn to:
- Audit negative messages and develop and sustain positive respectful attitudes
- Change unconscious bias and prejudice and be more open
- Avoid being judgmental and non-caring
- Change false beliefs, assumptions and ignorance
- Make a difference, change your thinking and ensure inclusion
- Switch on your respectful attitude and accept diversity
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
- Leaders Workbook
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.