Kylie Bell's final Appreciative Inquiry case study is a local government organization which felt its reputation was poor, based on its service provision. They recast (defined) the problem as wanting a positive perception of their service. They discovered stories of when they received positive feedback from the community, and then created a dream of delivering best service. They went into designing ways to make that happen, and then imagining what it would be like when the community and they had developed a positive regard for each other.
A local government organization was concerned about its reputation, so it:
- Defined (positive perception of its service)
- Discovered (stories of appreciation from community)
- Dreamed (Best relationship with community)
- Designed (how to make it happen)
- Destiny (imagine feeling positive regard for each other)
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.