Asking for a Pay Rise is a course that teaches the invaluable skills for discussing improved remuneration with your manager. Many of us don't like asking for a pay rise, especially when times are tough. In this course psychologist Peter Quarry provides useful tips for negotiating a pay increase. When you ask for a pay rise you need to convince your manager that you are worthy of a higher salary. Maybe your role has expanded, you have more duties and responsibilities than before. Or you have improved efficiency and have increased sales or reduced costs. Even if you have gained more qualifications, it might be time to ask for a pay rise or at least get prepared.
- Be prepared- research salaries and review your accomplishments
- Request a meeting- to discuss your job and your pay
- Be positive and talk with pride your achievements
- Follow up and be willing to negotiate
- Consider alternative ways forward if the answer is no