Log in or register for the full version
SWAP for Positive Communication is simple course that shows the connection between how we communicate and how we feel and impact those around us. Social interaction boosts our production of hormones and neuro-transmitters, and changes our body's chemistry and these chemical changes can last for much longer than just a moment. Our communications can trigger physical and emotional changes in our bodies. These changes can open us up to healthy, positive interactions or close us down. We can SWAP to more positive communication and behavior by being open and aware, and staying in synchrony with ourselves and others. In this course psychologist Eve Ash explains how we impact each other's chemistry through our words and actions. She explains that we can SWAP unhealthy ways of communicating for more positive ones. Using the SWAP strategy you can improve engagement and interaction, and ensure positive communication and co-operation.
- Learn the SWAP approach for healthier communication - Synchronize, Words, Actions, Predict
- Learn to synchronize by showing empathy for others and becoming more attuned to them
- Be careful with words because what we say impacts our mind-bodies - choose carefully
- Be aware that our actions, our reactions and gestures impact others, so pause before you act
- Learn to predict consequences and communicate for positive outcomes
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.