Blowing the whistle on unethical or illegal practices is a tough decision to make. In this course, psychology expert Peter Quarry, explores how your values and integrity may be compromised by what you’ve seen. You may be fearing the consequences. If considering whistleblowing, you will learn to ask yourself five specific questions, ascertaining degree and frequency of behaviors, their impact and what if anything is already being done. If the answers trouble you, seek independent advice before determining a path forward.
Apply five questions to your situation"
- Use first question to establish – How bad are the behaviors?
- Use this question to establish frequency – Are they frequent or one-off?
- Assess legalities of behaviors – Are they illegal or do they break regulations? Assess the impact?
- Identify if anyone else doing anything about it
- Identify an independent person or body who can give you advice
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.