Log in or register for the full version
Apologize and Reduce Conflict is a course that acknowledges we all make mistakes or realise we are in the wrong. It's how we deal with our mistakes that makes the difference. Many people view an apology as a sign of weakness but apologizing for our mistakes requires a lot of strength and self-awareness.
In this course you will learn to reduce conflict and build positive relationships with customers, contractors and coworkers. Apologizing demonstrates honesty and generosity. When we apologize we show we are aware of what has happened and we acknowledge that it was unacceptable. This helps rebuild trust and re-establish our relationship with the person we have upset or offended.
In this course psychologists Eve Ash and Peter Quarry explain the benefits of apologizing and ways to effectively apologize to reduce conflict. A good apology is one of the most important tools for maintaining workplace harmony, collaboration and effective problem-solving. If you make a mistake, consider who you need to apologize to - your superiors, to your team or an individual co-worker, to a client - and the best way to do it.
- Learn the benefits of apologizing
- Discover ways to apologize
- Learn that saying "I'm sorry" is not always about being wrong
- Apologize genuinely ASAP and in an appropriate place
- Acknowledge what happened and speak clearly and with empathy
- Admit your mistake, and take full responsibility
- Offer a resolution and say what you have learned and/or what will be improved in the future
- Do whatever you can to make amends
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.