Understanding Intellectual Property explains what intellectual property is and how it can be usefully and gainfully protected. In this course, lawyer Angela Perry discusses with psychologist Eve Ash, the key points and best practices regarding intellectual property ownership at work.
Once this is completed, you will have learned about clarifying boundaries in employment contracts, ownership and transfer of IP, and valuing IP as an asset. You will gain understanding of IP, copyright and trademarks, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, domain names, trademarks and business names.
- Examine intellectual property ownership and transfer of IP
- Clarify boundaries regarding IP in employment contracts
- Differentiate IP, copyright and trademarks
- Examine use of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Value IP as an asset
- Examine domain names, trademarks and business names
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.