Various members of the team discuss what they see as unprofessional behavior. Cutting Edge Corporation has a Book of Rules listing unprofessional behaviors. These are set out and explained by team members:
- Being Rude – examples of Carol being aggressive and insulting to her colleagues.
- Taking Supplies – staff taking office equipment. It is illegal.
- Personal Media – can be distracting and invasive of people’s privacy.
- Inappropriate Dress – clean and neat, not provocative.
- Name Calling – insulting or racist remarks may be against the law.
- Flirting – stepping over boundaries of acceptable behavior.
- Relationships at Work – personal relationships with colleagues should be kept out of the office.
- Touching – some gestures are acceptable, but many are not acceptable.
Key Learning Points
People understand professional behavior. Yet many behave unprofessionally at work.
- Don’t be rude and insensitive INSTEAD: Show respect to others
- Don’t abuse privileges INSTEAD: Be responsible and trustworthy
- Don’t flirt or misbehave INSTEAD: Maintain professional relationships
- Don’t mix personal and business INSTEAD: Manage boundaries
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
- Leaders Guide
- PowerPoint Slides
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.