Log in or register for the full version
SAFE in Emergencies outlines a simple memorable strategy for an emergency or serious situation or event that happens unexpectedly and requires immediate action. Emergencies come in many forms and can happen at any time, affecting our lives in ways we don't predict or expect. If you prepare and plan for a possible emergency, it will be more manageable if/when it actually happens. In this course psychologist Eve Ash discusses the importance of preparing for emergencies, of finding out how you and others can help each other in an emergency, and why everyone needs to be familiar with the SAFE strategy. Don't wait for these things to happen, take action to prepare. Be SAFE - Secure, Alert, Focus and Ensure.
- Learn the SAFE strategy to prepare yourself and others for an emergency
- Be Secure - maintain your premises for safety, signage, medical equipment, and have an up-to-date evacuation plan
- Be Alert - ensure everyone is ready to act and evacuate without any panic
- Maintain Focus - train and rehearse so everyone knows the emergency procedures
- Ensure everyone is safe (including businesses nearby), and provide assistance for those who need it
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.