Log in or register for the full version
Respect Privacy and Confidentiality - a video covering key issues so everyone at work learns to observe, protect and respect privacy and confidentiality. There is a great deal at stake when privacy or confidentiality are breached, namely loss of trust, committing an offence or destroying reputations.
Respect Privacy and Confidentiality is a video in which behavioral expert Peter Quarry explains how to respect privacy and confidentiality. The message is straightforward: respect yours and others right to protecting sensitive, personal or proprietary information.
- Recognize that privacy is your right to control who has what information about you while confidentiality refers to how people use the information you've entrusted to them
- Always be clear and upfront about privacy and respecting confidentiality; If sharing information, describe how it will be shared
- Be very careful with social media posts and photos
- Clear away sensitive information from your desktop
- Don't discuss your companys proprietary information in public places
- When asked to keep a secret, keep it and if in doubt, get expert advice
This is available as part of
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.