Log in or register for the full version
Overcome a Writing Block is a video addressing a common problem of writers block. For many of us, its fear of staring at a blank page and wondering what to say. In this video, behavioral expert Peter Quarry explains how to overcome a writing block.
Overcome a Writing Block is a video, in which you will learn to start by dumping words and ideas on a page, as a mindmap or like a lump of clay, and you can begin to shape it however you like. You will learn that gradually your writing momentum will build and you will discover an exciting opportunity to unlock thoughts and expressions you never realized you had within you.
Key learning points to overcome a writing block
- Don't wait to feel inspired.
- Start now and create a document, give it a title.
- Brainstorm words, phrases, facts and do a rough draft.
- Reduce pressure, don't strive for perfection.
- Keep going according to your energy levels.
- Write regularly at a time that suits you, and take regular breaks to refresh.
- Write in a place free of distractions.
- Always set writing goals and reward yourself when you achieve them.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.