When things continually go wrong, it may be tempting to blame an incompetent manager. Before labelling your manager as incompetent, behavioral expert Peter Quarry suggests getting a realistic and independent appraisal of what’s going on. It may be a difference of working styles, or even a personality clash. And if your manager is incompetent, this course provides sound advice on strategies to move forward.
In this video you will learn to communicate your needs to the manager while negotiating outcomes., staying flexible and sharing coping strategies with others. And if you can no longer cope, and your health and wellbeing is at risk, it may be time to leave that team.
- Apply some practical strategies for dealing with an incompetent manager
- Examine the situation and get your facts straight
- Identify someone independent you can talk to
- Communicate your needs clearly to your manager
- Identify and negotiate the outcomes
- Change and be flexible to move forward
- Compare and apply coping strategies with others in the team
- Assess your wellbeing and if it becomes unbearable, leave before you are damaged
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.