This program covers our wellbeing and simple language for feeling unwell, It introduces the use of should, simple words, expressions andtips and a practice section.
Introduction: Carol, Barney, Steve and Serena introduce the program.
Chatting: People talk about how they feel - sick, not well, better, good, great, fantastic.
Language and grammar: Should. Saying what we think I should; You should; We should; Asking what we think; Should you …?; Should I …?
New words: ache I A cold I A sore throat I A cough I Healthy food
Funny things we say: What's wrong? | Sick as a dog
Listen and repeat: Clips selected from this video, followed by areal time gap to repeat what you hear.
Tips: Carlos (from Mexico) and Tammy (from China) share their experiences about learning English, and give some tips.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Simple English 19 – Are you OK? is a highly interactive course covering our wellbeing and simple language for feeling unwell, It introduces the use of should, simple words, expressions and tips, learning activities and a quiz. A practice section, Listen and Repeat, includes clips from the videos, followed by real time gaps to repeat what you hear.
Simple English 19 – Are you OK? is part of the Cutting Edge Simple English Series with great characters in realistic situations. Learners will enjoy practical activities that are useful at work and in life.
- Build confidence with conversational English
- Learn how to talk about how you feel – sick, not well, better, good, great, fantastic
- Learn simple grammar – Should. Saying what we think I should; You should; We should; Asking what we think; Should you …?, Should I …?
- Build vocabulary word by word – ache I A cold I A sore throat I A cough I Healthy food
- Learn to confidently use everyday expressions: What’s wrong? | Sick as a dog
- Practice speaking by listening to and repeating selected clips
- Listen to encouragement and suggestions to help build confidence learning English
This is available as part of
- Video Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.