This program explores the language for not understanding and askingfor help. It introduces how to express being sure or unsure, simplewords, expressions and tips and a practice section.
Introduction: Carol, Barney, Steve and Serena introduce the program.
Chatting: What to say when you don't understand. People chat about things they don't know - I don't know what; I don't know where; I don't know why.
Language and grammar: Sure and Unsure. Yes / No; Maybe
New words: Really! Sure! Sure thing
Funny things we say: Of two minds | Keep your cool | Sort of | You never know
Listen and repeat: Clips selected from this video, followed by areal time gap to repeat what you hear.
Tips: Carlos (from Mexico) and Tammy (from China) share their experiences about learning English, and give some tips.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Simple English 15 – I don't know is a highly interactive course covering the language for not understanding and asking for help. It introduces how to express being sure or unsure, simple words, expressions and tips, learning activities and a quiz. A practice section, Listen and Repeat, includes clips from the videos, followed by real time gaps to repeat what you hear.
Simple English 15 – I don't know is part of the Cutting Edge Simple English Series with great characters in realistic situations. Learners will enjoy practical activities that are useful at work and in life.
- Build confidence with conversational English
- Learn what to say when you don't understand or don't know – I don't know what, I don't know where, I don't know why
- Learn simple grammar – What do you do? What does he/she do? What do they do?
- Build vocabulary word by word – Really! Sure! Sure thing!
- Learn to confidently use everyday expressions: Of two minds | Keep your cool | Sort of | You never know
- Practice speaking by listening to and repeating selected clips
- Listen to encouragement and suggestions to help build confidence learning English
This is available as part of
- Video Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.