This program covers language for things we do in and around ourhomes. It introduces the use of Let's, simple words, expressions andtips and a practice section.
Introduction: Carol, Barney, Steve and Serena introduce the program.
Chatting: People chat about what they do at home: in the laundry; in the kitchen; in the living room and in the backyard.
Language and grammar: Making suggestions using Let's.
New words: plates I fridge I pour I deliver/delivery
Funny things we say: Make yourself at home | Feel at home | Have a seat / take a seat | Help yourself
Listen and repeat: Clips selected from this video, followed by areal time gap to repeat what you hear.
Tips: Carlos (from Mexico) and Tammy (from China) share their experiences about learning English, and give some tips.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Simple English 12 – At home is a highly interactive course covering language for things we do in and around our homes. It introduces the use of Let's, simple words, expressions and tips, learning activities and a quiz. A practice section, Listen and Repeat, includes clips from the videos, followed by real time gaps to repeat what you hear.
Simple English 12 – At home is part of the Cutting Edge Simple English Series with great characters in realistic situations. Learners will enjoy practical activities that are useful at work and in life.
- Build confidence with conversational English
- Learn how to chat about what you do at home: in the laundry, in the kitchen, in the living room and in the backyard
- Learn simple grammar – Making suggestions using Let’s
- Build vocabulary word by word – plates I fridge I pour I deliver/delivery
- Learn to confidently use everyday expressions: Make yourself at home | Feel at home | Have a seat / take a seat | Help yourself
- Practice speaking by listening to and repeating selected clips
- Listen to encouragement and suggestions to help build confidence learning English
This is available as part of
- Video Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.