This program covers simple language about work and going to work.It introduces the use of questions like What do you do?, simple words, expressions and tips and a practice section.
This program covers simple language about work and going to work.
Introduction: Carol, Barney, Steve and Serena introduce the program.
Chatting: People talk about jobs I Where they work I How they get to work and the workday.
Language and grammar: What do you do? What does he/she do? What do they do?
New words: Jobs I overtime I full time / part time
Funny things we say: In = after | It-s time | It-s timefor | It-s time to | Time out | Out of work
Listen and repeat: Clips selected from this video, followed by areal time gap to repeat what you hear.
Tips: Carlos (from Mexico) and Tammy (from China) share their experiences about learning English, and give some tips.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Simple English 09 – Work is a highly interactive course covering simple language about work and going to work. It introduces the use of questions like What do you do?, simple words, expressions and tips, learning activities and a quiz. A practice section, Listen and Repeat, includes clips from the videos, followed by real time gaps to repeat what you hear.
Simple English 09 – Work is part of the Cutting Edge Simple English Series with great characters in realistic situations. Learners will enjoy practical activities that are useful at work and in life.
- Build confidence with conversational English
- Learn how to talk about jobs – Where they work and how they get to work, and the work day
- Learn simple grammar – What do you do? What does he/she do? What do they do?
- Build vocabulary word by word – Jobs I overtime I full-time / part-time
- Learn to confidently use everyday expressions: In = after | It’s time | It’s time for | It’s time to | Time out | Out of work
- Practice speaking by listening to and repeating selected clips
- Listen to encouragement and suggestions to help build confidence learning English
This is available as part of
- Video Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.