This program covers language used in preparing and eating meals. Itintroduces the present continuous tense (Verb +ING), simple words,expressions and tips and a practice section.
This program covers language used in preparing and eating meals.
Introduction: Carol, Barney, Steve and Serena introduce the program.
Chatting: People talk about meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Language and grammar: Present Continuous Tense VERB + ...ING to describe something happening right now.
New words: Hungry I Thirsty I Snack I Delicious
Funny things we say: I'm starving | I'm full | Set the table | Come and get it! | I could eat a horse | Out to lunch
Listen and repeat: Clips selected from this video, followed by areal time gap to repeat what you hear.
Tips: Carlos (from Mexico) and Tammy (from China) share their experiences about learning English, and give some tips.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Simple English 08 – Meal time is a highly interactive course covering language used in preparing and eating meals. It introduces the present continuous tense (Verb +ING), simple words, expressions and tips, learning activities and a quiz. A practice section, Listen and Repeat, includes clips from the videos, followed by real time gaps to repeat what you hear.
Simple English 08 – Meal time is part of the Cutting Edge Simple English Series with great characters in realistic situations. Learners will enjoy practical activities that are useful at work and in life.
- Build confidence with conversational English
- Learn how to talk about meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Learn simple grammar – Present Continuous Tense VERB + ...ING to describe something happening right now
- Build vocabulary word by word – Hungry I Thirsty I Snack I Delicious
- Learn to confidently use everyday expressions: I’m starving | I’m full | Set the table | Come and get it! | I could eat a horse | Out to lunch
- Practice speaking by listening to and repeating selected clips
- Listen to encouragement and suggestions to help build confidence learning English
This is available as part of
- Video Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.