In this program we describe where things are. It introducesprepositions in, on, under, next to as well as simple words,expressions and tips and a practice section.
In this program we describe where things are.
Introduction: Carol, Barney, Steve and Serena introduce the program.
Chatting: People ask where things are.
Language and grammar: Prepositions of place: in, on, under, next to
New words: front door I cutlery I kidding I outside
Funny things we say: Inside out | Upside down | The Big Apple
Listen and repeat: Clips selected from this video, followed by areal time gap to repeat what you hear.
Tips: Carlos (from Mexico) and Tammy (from China) share their experiences about learning English, and give some tips.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Simple English 05 – Where is it? is a highly interactive course covering how we describe where things are. It introduces prepositions in, on, under, next to, as well as simple words, expressions and tips, learning activities and a quiz. A practice section, Listen and Repeat, includes clips from the videos, followed by real time gaps to repeat what you hear.
Simple English 5 – Where is it? is part of the Cutting Edge Simple English Series with great characters in realistic situations. Learners will enjoy practical activities that are useful at work and in life.
- Build confidence with conversational English
- Learn how to ask or describe where things are
- Learn simple grammar – Prepositions of place: in, on, under, next to
- Build vocabulary word by word – front door I cutlery I kidding I outside
- Learn to confidently use everyday expressions: Inside out | Upside down | The Big Apple
- Practice speaking by listening to and repeating selected clips
- Listen to encouragement and suggestions to help build confidence learning English
This is available as part of
- Video Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.