In this program people spell words to clarify information. Itintroduces the pronouns my and your, simple words, expressions and tipsand a practice section.
In this program people spell words to clarify information.
Introduction: Carol, Barney, Steve and Serena introduce the program.
Chatting: Spelling names and addresses.
Language and grammar: The pronouns my and your
New words: Written abbreviations: Blvd, Ave, Dr, Rte, Fway.
Funny things we say: Spoken abbreviations: SMS, LA,B&B, TTYL; 'double letters'
Listen and repeat: Clips selected from this video, followed by areal time gap to repeat what you hear.
Tips: Carlos (from Mexico) and Tammy (from China) share their experiences about learning English, and give some tips.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Simple English 03 – Can you spell that? is a highly interactive course covering how people spell words to clarify information in everyday language. It introduces the pronouns my and your, simple words, expressions and tips, learning activities and a quiz. A practice section, Listen and Repeat, includes clips from the videos, followed by real time gaps to repeat what you hear.
Simple English 03 – Can you spell that? is part of the Cutting Edge Simple English Series with great characters in realistic situations. Learners will enjoy practical activities that are useful at work and in life.
- Build confidence with conversational English
- Learn how to spelll names and addresses to clarify information in everyday language
- Learn simple grammar – pronouns my and your
- Build vocabulary word by word – Written abbreviations: Blvd, Ave, Dr, Rte, Fwy.
- Learn spoken abbreviations: SMS, LA, B&B, TTYL; 'double letters' in spelling
- Practice speaking by listening to and repeating selected clips
- Listen to encouragement and suggestions to help build confidence learning English
This is available as part of
- Video Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.