Available only within a Series/Bundle
In this video, learn how workplaces can minimize crimes such as theft, dishonesty and cyberattacks with essential prevention tools. Learn to implement policies, ramp up security, invest in the right applications and consultants, and clamp down on abuse of privilege.
Retired detective Colin McLaren discusses with Eve Ash the importance of having strong policies and rules about use of company cars and credit cards to minimize abuse. Standard operating procedures (SOPs) and random checks for pornography, drugs and alcohol are critical. With social media, less personal information sharing is best. Checking people’s backgrounds when recruiting, ensuring strong audit trails, double-checking for those with discretion over company money are all important precautions.
- Identify that crimes can occur anywhere, anytime by anyone and most business crimes are theft or dishonesty.
- Organize ramped up security and specialist consultants (e.g. for cybercrime).
- Implement clear policies to help prevent abuse of privileges, possession of pornography and use of drugs and alcohol.
- Minimize personal information on social media.
- Utilize screening, auditing and double checking strategies, especially for those involved with financial and stock transactions.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.