Available only within a Series/Bundle
In this video, learn the vital steps for gathering evidence in a workplace accident or crime. Colin McLaren, former homicide task force leader, itemizes all the necessary steps for conducting an investigation, including scrupulous note-taking and diagrams, photos, witness statements, and recording conversations.
Workplace crime and accident investigations must be taken very seriously. Colin McLaren advises on the importance of being fair, calm, unbiased, frank and in control. Above all, an investigator must be diligent, open-minded and questioning, in pursuit of the truth. The objective is to get admissions – in writing.
- Identify methodical steps required to investigate a crime or accident at work
- Document everything in a notebook and use diagrams, sketches and video
- Use an open mind, ask questions and search to uncover facts
- Take control and be fair and frank
- Build rapport; Obtain admissions in writing and note any refusals
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.