Available only within a Series/Bundle
Preventing crime at work starts with implementing proactive safety and security policies. In this course, Colin McLaren, former homicide task force leader, outlines the measures needed for proactive safety and security within teams and in the workplace. Learn to create a culture of safety, provide training and establish strong policies.
A safe workplace requires being on the lookout for warning signs (e.g. unusual behaviors, moods, threats, bullying, thefts) and diffusing buildups where possible. Leaders should consult a safety expert and introduce newsletters, scenario training and security protocols. A business’ assets also need securing and proper surveillance. Be vigilant with the surrounds of your business too, so it is less prone to arson and vandalism.
- Identify how workplaces and taskforces are confronted with aggression or crime
- Create and implement proactive safety policies and security protocols
- Identify warning signs (behaviors, moods, threats, bullying)
- Reduce #MeToo behaviors and vulnerability to overtures
- Implement scenario training and safety updates for all staff
- Utilize strategies to protect possessions, stock and assets
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.