In this program Eve Ash, Psychologist and Founder Seven Dimensions, interviews Peter Wallbridge, HR Consultant to explore some practical advice and strategies. Peter Wallbridge explains how to prepare for and manage recruitment like a star:
• Craft the position description
• Refine the business story
• Target the advertising
• Use top criteria to screen applicants
• Shortlist with phone interviews
• Finalize the shortlist
• Deliver a consistent message
• Use an evaluation matrix
• One important question
• Ask behavioral interview questions
• Ask situational questions
• Use simulations & work tests
• Make a judgment call
• Give feedback to unsuccessful applicants
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Managing Recruitment Effectively is a course designed to help you prepare for and manage recruitment like a star. Recruiting, interviewing and hiring are among the top concerns facing HR. A thoughtful, rigorous approach to hiring the right people saves time and money. In this course HR expert Peter Wallbridge explains how we must craft position descriptions, refine the business story, target the advertising and use top criteria to screen applicants.
Once this course is completed, you will have learned how to manage recruitment effectively, implementing a shortlist with phone interviews, finalizing the shortlist and delivering a consistent message. You will have learned to use an evaluation matrix and ask behavioral interview and situational questions, simulations and work tests, and always give feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
elearning course learning objectives
- Prepare for and manage recruitment like a star
- Prepare by crafting the position description, refining the business story and targeting the advertising
- Use top criteria to screen applicants and use an evaluation matrix
- Use shortlists with phone interviews to finalize the shortlist
- Deliver a consistent message
- Use a range of assessment strategies, ask behavioral interview and situational questions, use simulations and work tests
- Make a judgment call and give feedback to unsuccessful applicants
This is available as part of
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.