English at Work 15 – Giving Warnings is an entertaining course that explains how to understand and give warnings and use imperatives without sounding offensive. The course covers grammar, idioms, vocabulary and pronunciation and is ideal for workplace learners who already have basic skills in English. It promotes communication and language competence by building the desire and motivation to learn and the confidence to try. Confidence in learning and using English leads to successful communication.
Key Learning Points
- Learn language functions - Giving Warnings - Warnings about health; Sympathetic warnings; Giving an ultimatum; Intimidating or threatening; Presenting the options
- Master simple grammar lessons – Imperatives - Behave professionally!; Communicate effectively!; Giving a warning; Encouraging action; Taking control
- Master everyday idioms – Mind your own business; No buts; Shape up or ship out; Put up with; I've had it
- Build vocabulary – excuses, assertive, dangerous; terminate; cubicle
- Learn and practice pronunciation – Short Forms - It's; I'm; She's; That's; She'll; Don't; We're; What's
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
- Leaders Workbook
- PowerPoint Slides
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.