English at Work 08 – Making Suggestions is an entertaining course that explains the important skill of making suggestions and talk about future plans using going to. The course covers grammar, idioms, vocabulary and pronunciation and is ideal for workplace learners who already have basic skills in English. It promotes communication and language competence by building the desire and motivation to learn and the confidence to try. Confidence in learning and using English leads to successful communication.
Key Learning Points
- Learn language functions - Making Suggestions - My suggestions is; Maybe; Why don't; Do you wanna/want to; How about; It might be a good idea if; I think we should
- Master simple grammar lessons – Future Tense using Going to - I'm gonna/I'm going to; We're gonna/we're going to; What's going to happen?
- Master everyday idioms – Mum's the word; Go for it; Get the credit; Get rid of; Buckle up; Screw on your thinking caps; Get ready to roll
- Build vocabulary – thumb drive; cell phone; pens; battery charger; laptop; apologize; it's/its
- Learn and practice pronunciation – Silent Letters - Rapport; dumb; wrong; know; Wednesday; wrinkles; chocolate
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
- Leaders Workbook
- PowerPoint Slides
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.