Offer your help to other people - ask how you can help, ask what you can do.
The Basic English learning package comprises 20 ground-breaking programs that combine psychology, linguistics and instructional design to engage learners of English.Designed by Linguistics Expert Dr Fran Byrnes and Psychologist Eve Ash.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Basic English 19 – Can I help you? is an entertaining course to help people improve their English, to be able confidently offer help to other people, asking how you can help and what you can do. It also covers basic grammar, useful everyday expressions and new vocabulary. The style is simple, clear and easy to follow, and will help learners develop confidence in speaking English correctly, both at work and in their personal lives.
Basic English 19 – Can I help you? is part of the Cutting Edge Basic English Series which features great characters in amusing situations with fun storylines. It optimizes learner engagement in real conversations, with practical activities that are immediately applicable in the workplace, and in everyday life. The learning approach is founded on proven language learning principles presented in an innovative and effective style.
elearning course learning objectives
- Build confidence in speaking conversational English and offering help
- Learn simple grammar – want and to infinitive
- Master expressions to use in speech – a leg up, in deep water, speak up, fresh out, give up
- Build vocabulary of words – a lot, a lot of, confident, maybe
- Practice speaking with examples that recap the lessons – Can I help? want to… want someone to… a lot / a lot of, maybe;
This is available as part of
- Leaders Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.