Chat with friends and people at work - what can you chat about; what questions could you ask?
The Basic English learning package comprises 20 ground-breaking programs that combine psychology, linguistics and instructional design to engage learners of English.Designed by Linguistics Expert Dr Fran Byrnes and Psychologist Eve Ash.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Basic English 18 – Chatting is an entertaining course to help people improve their English, and learn to chat confidently with friends and people at work, knowing what you can chat about and what questions could you ask? It also covers basic grammar, useful everyday expressions and new vocabulary. The style is simple, clear and easy to follow, and will help learners develop confidence in speaking English correctly, both at work and in their personal lives.
Basic English 18 – Chatting is part of the Cutting Edge Basic English Series which features great characters in amusing situations with fun storylines. It optimizes learner engagement in real conversations, with practical activities that are immediately applicable in the workplace, and in everyday life. The learning approach is founded on proven language learning principles presented in an innovative and effective style.
elearning course learning objectives
- Build confidence in speaking conversational English
- Learn to ask questions and confidently chat to others – chat about ourselves, chat about vacations, chat about family, chat about sports, chat about work, chat about the weather
- Learn simple grammar – don't imperatives
- Master expressions to use in speech – make sure, show you are listening
- Build vocabulary of words – last, mistake
- Practice speaking with examples that recap the lessons – chatting about the weather, asking questions
This is available as part of
- Leaders Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.