Basic English 07 – Where can we meet? is an entertaining course to help people improve their English, and confidently make suggestions about where and when to meet, and to give simple directions. It also covers basic grammar, useful everyday expressions and new vocabulary. The style is simple, clear and easy to follow, and will help learners develop confidence in speaking English correctly, both at work and in their personal lives.
Basic English 07 – Where can we meet? is part of the Cutting Edge Basic English Series which features great characters in amusing situations with fun storylines. It optimizes learner engagement in real conversations, with practical activities that are immediately applicable in the workplace, and in everyday life. The learning approach is founded on proven language learning principles presented in an innovative and effective style.
- Build confidence in speaking conversational English
- Learn to make arrangements to meet – Where can we meet? When can we meet? and confirming details
- Learn some basic grammar – Adverbs of manner, how you do something
- Master some common phrases and expressions about location – on the corner, at the corner, to the corner, across the street, down the hall, down the hallway, down the street
- Build vocabulary of words – prepositions of place
- Practice speaking with examples that recap the lessons – Let's …, Would you like to …, How about …, Why don't we …, Why not …?
The Basic English learning package comprises 20 ground-breaking programs that combine psychology, linguistics and instructional design to engage learners of English.Designed by Linguistics Expert Dr Fran Byrnes and Psychologist Eve Ash.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
- Leaders Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.