Talk about yourself in more detail - ask for and give basic information.
The Basic English learning package comprises 20 ground-breaking programs that combine psychology, linguistics and instructional design to engage learners of English.Designed by Linguistics Expert Dr Fran Byrnes and Psychologist Eve Ash.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Basic English 03 – Giving information is an entertaining course to help people improve their English by confidently talking about yourself in more detail, and ask for and give basic information. It also covers basic grammar, useful everyday expressions and new vocabulary. The style is simple, clear and easy to follow, and will help learners develop confidence in speaking English correctly, both at work and in their personal lives.
Basic English 03 – Giving information is part of the Cutting Edge Basic English Series which features great characters in amusing situations with fun storylines. It optimizes learner engagement in real conversations, with practical activities that are immediately applicable in the workplace, and in everyday life. The learning approach is founded on proven language learning principles presented in an innovative and effective style.
elearning course learning objectives
- Build confidence in speaking conversational English
- Learn to give personal and work information
- Learn simple grammar – giving details and answering WH questions: What, Where, Who, When
- Master some common phrases and expressions – fingers crossed, good news, bad news
- Build vocabulary of words used to describe what people look like
- Practice speaking with examples that recap the lessons – giving information and asking WH questions
This is available as part of
- Leaders Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.