Walking into a new workplace is intimidating, irrespective of how often youve done it. Organizations can help new starters settle in quickly if they provide helpful information, set them up with all they need, and are friendly and approachable. They need a proper onboarding process, making sure to welcome everyone including new virtual co-workers, facilitating proper introductions, providing a buddy who will answer questions, and above all being warm and friendly.
Starting a new job can be overwhelming. Help people settle in by:
- Offering a thoughtful welcome to new starters
- Providing all necessary information (e.g. a starter pack).
- Arranging email access and intranet connectivity.
- Being friendly and approachable
- Having an online or face-to-face 'buddy' who can answer questions.
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.