This program covers things we love and how we like to do things. It introduces the language for liking and loving things, simple words, expressions and tips and a practice section.
Introduction: Carol, Barney, Steve and Serena introduce the program.
Chatting: People talk about things they like and what they like to do.
Language and grammar: I like it very much, I love it, I love my/your, I love to, I love doing
New words: Cool I sharp
Funny things we say: Good thinking, whatever
Listen and repeat: Clips selected from this video, followed by areal time gap to repeat what you hear.
Tips: Carlos (from Mexico) and Tammy (from China) share their experiences about learning English, and give some tips.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Simple English 16 – I love it is a highly interactive course covering things we love and how we like to do things. It introduces the language for liking and loving things, simple words, expressions and tips, learning activities and a quiz. A practice section, Listen and Repeat, includes clips from the videos, followed by real time gaps to repeat what you hear.
Simple English 16 – I love it is part of the Cutting Edge Simple English Series with great characters in realistic situations. Learners will enjoy practical activities that are useful at work and in life.
- Build confidence with conversational English
- Learn how to talk about things you like and what others like to do
- Learn simple grammar – We say I love to mean I like it very much. I love it, I love my/your, I love to, I love doing
- Build vocabulary word by word – J Cool I sharp I Computer words I Catalogue I Emails texts and Tweets I Expiration date
- Learn to confidently use everyday expressions: Good thinking, whatever
- Practice speaking by listening to and repeating selected clips
- Listen to encouragement and suggestions to help build confidence learning English
This is available as part of
- Video Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.