This program covers languages for shopping at the market andchecking prices. It introduces the use of this to establish a time,simple words, expressions and tips and a practice section.
In this program covers languages for shopping at the market and checking prices.
Introduction: Carol, Barney, Steve and Serena introduce the program.
Chatting: Steve goes to the Farmers Market.
Language and grammar: This morning; This afternoon; Thisevening. Today. Yesterday. Tomorrow
New words: cash I shopping list I the price I expensive I receipt
Funny things we say: On sale | Shop around | Bucks
Listen and repeat: Clips selected from this video, followed by areal time gap to repeat what you hear.
Tips: Carlos (from Mexico) and Tammy (from China) share their experiences about learning English, and give some tips.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Simple English 10 – At the market is a highly interactive course covering the language for shopping at the market and checking prices. It introduces the use of this to establish a time, simple words, expressions and tips, learning activities and a quiz. A practice section, Listen and Repeat, includes clips from the videos, followed by real time gaps to repeat what you hear.
Simple English 10 – At the market is part of the Cutting Edge Simple English Series with great characters in realistic situations. Learners will enjoy practical activities that are useful at work and in life.
- Build confidence with conversational English
- Learn how to talk about going to a market and shopping for fresh food
- Learn simple grammar – This morning, This afternoon, This evening, Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow
- Build vocabulary word by word – cash I shopping list I the price I expensive I receipt
- Learn to confidently use everyday expressions: On sale | Shop around | Bucks
- Practice speaking by listening to and repeating selected clips
- Listen to encouragement and suggestions to help build confidence learning English
This is available as part of
- Video Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.