In this program we describe people - both physical andnon-physical descriptions. It introduces asking personal questions,simple words, expressions and tips and a practice section.
In this program we describe people - both physical and non physical descriptions.
Introduction: Carol, Barney, Steve and Serena introduce the program.
Chatting: People describe themselves and others.
Language and grammar:Asking questions: Do you ..? Are you..? What is your ..?
New words: nationality; vegetarian.
Funny things we say: Workout | Here is/Here are | What about ...?
Listen and repeat: Clips selected from this video, followed by areal time gap to repeat what you hear.
Tips: Carlos (from Mexico) and Tammy (from China)share their experiences about learning English, and give some tips.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Simple English 04 – About Us is a highly interactive course covering how we describe people - both physical and non-physical descriptions. It introduces asking personal questions, simple words, expressions and tips, learning activities and a quiz. A practice section, Listen and Repeat, includes clips from the videos, followed by real time gaps to repeat what you hear.
Simple English 04 – About Us is part of the Cutting Edge Simple English Series with great characters in realistic situations. Learners will enjoy practical activities that are useful at work and in life.
- Build confidence with conversational English
- Learn how people describe themselves and others
- Learn simple grammar – Asking questions: Do you…? Are you…? What is your…?
- Build vocabulary word by word – nationality, vegetarian
- Learn to confidently use everyday expressions: Work out | Here is/Here are | What about?
- Practice speaking by listening to and repeating selected clips
- Listen to encouragement and suggestions to help build confidence learning English
This is available as part of
- Video Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.