In this program Eve Ash, Psychologist and Founder Seven Dimensions, interviews Peter Wallbridge, HR Consultant to explore some practical advice and strategies. Your CV or resume should stand out and attract recruiters, says Peter Wallbridge:
- 3 classic mistakes with a resume
- Typos, grammar & font size
- Make it compelling
- Page 1 essentials
- The question of referees
- The power of the covering letter
- Use action words & show improvements
- List responsibilities & achievements
- Qualifications, awards & special skills
- Community section
- Gaps in employment history
- Strategies for improving your resume
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Creating a Powerful Resume covers the dos and donts of creating a powerful resume. Psychologist Eve Ash and HR consultant Peter Wallbridge explore typical mistakes and how to make a resume more attractive to recruiters. In this course you will cover the key ways to keep your resume succinct and powerful, and use feedback to check for grammar and typos and keep improving. You will learn how positives should be emphasized, as should volunteering experience, skills accreditation and initiatives.
Once the course is completed you will know how to make your resume and covering letter more compelling, avoiding common mistakes and emphasizing positives with action words.
elearning course learning objectives
- Identify ways to improve your resume so it stands out and attracts recruiters
- Examine classic mistakes with a resume – typos, grammar and font size
- Identify how to make it compelling, with page 1 essentials and a powerful covering letter
- Examine the question of referees
- Use action words show improvements
- List responsibilities and achievements, qualifications, awards and special skills, and community work
- Identify best way to explain gaps in employment history;
This is available as part of
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.