English at Work 18 – Encouraging Others is an entertaining course that explains ways to encourage others and check understanding using the correct question tags. The course covers grammar, idioms, vocabulary and pronunciation and is ideal for workplace learners who already have basic skills in English. It promotes communication and language competence by building the desire and motivation to learn and the confidence to try. Confidence in learning and using English leads to successful communication.
Key Learning Points
- Learn language functions - Encouraging Others - Acknowledging; Showing appreciation; Giving feedback; Mentoring
- Master simple grammar lessons – Question Tags - Don't you?; Didn't you?; Do you?; Is she/Isn't she?
- Master everyday idioms – A pat on the back; A pep talk; Count on someone; Get back on your horse; Just what the doctor ordered; Make someone feel at home; Pass with flying colors
- Build vocabulary – encourage; encouraging; kindness; touched; impressed; comfortable; at ease; reminder
- Learn and practice pronunciation – Short forms in Question Tags - don't; didn't; doesn't; haven't
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
- Leaders Workbook
- PowerPoint Slides
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.