English at Work 12 – Clarifying and Explaining is an entertaining course that demonstrates how to explain and clarify situations and ideas and use gerunds as the subject of the sentence. The course covers grammar, idioms, vocabulary and pronunciation and is ideal for workplace learners who already have basic skills in English. It promotes communication and language competence by building the desire and motivation to learn and the confidence to try. Confidence in learning and using English leads to successful communication.
Key Learning Points
- Learn language functions - Clarifying and Explaining - clarifying information; explaining plans; clarifying meanings and concepts; giving reasons; explaining language problems; debating issues and facts
- Master simple grammar lessons – Gerunds as Subjects - Giving advice; Giving reasons; Giving a warning; Explaining the meaning; Stating 'facts'
- Master everyday idioms – Kill two birds with one stone; Blow off steam; Break the bad news; Down the drain; The writing is on the wall; Turn it around
- Build vocabulary – beverage; texting; hazardous; graffiti; inevitable; negotiation; environment; long-winded
- Learn and practice pronunciation – The Sound of V
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
- Leaders Workbook
- PowerPoint Slides
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.