English at Work 11 – Complaining and Criticizing is an entertaining course that explains how to recognize and express criticism and complaints and use the present perfect tense with periods of time. The course covers grammar, idioms, vocabulary and pronunciation and is ideal for workplace learners who already have basic skills in English. It promotes communication and language competence by building the desire and motivation to learn and the confidence to try. Confidence in learning and using English leads to successful communication.
- Learn language functions - Complaining and Criticizing - resigned criticism, unfriendly criticism, personal criticism and detailed complaints
- Master simple grammar lessons – Present Perfect Tense - Periods of Time - For, In and Since
- Master everyday idioms – Out of line; Right off the bat; Dump on someone; Bring nothing to the table; Drive someone up the wall; Tear someone to shreds; For ages
- Build vocabulary – obviously; organized; complaints; lanyard; overheard; appalled; accountability; wishy washy
- Learn and practice pronunciation – The Sound of SH
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
- Leaders Workbook
- PowerPoint Slides
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.