English at Work 04 –Asking Questionsis an entertaining course that shows learners how to ask for information, recognize rhetorical questions and use closed, open and statement questions to get quality answers.The course covers grammar, idioms, vocabulary and pronunciation and is ideal for workplace learners who already have basic skills in English. It promotes communication and language competence by building the desire and motivation to learn and the confidence to try. Confidence in learning and using English leads to successful communication.
- Learn language functions - Asking Questions - asking for information - where/where's; when; who/who's; what/what's; why; how; did/can - and rhetorical questions
- Master simple grammar lessons – Type of Questions - Closed questions - did you; is that; did she; are you; has he. Open questions - chatting; asking for details; clarifying; asking for opinions; asking a loaded question and Statement questions
- Master everyday idioms – What's with that; Go over something with a fine tooth comb; A big deal
- Build vocabulary – conference; a mess; responsibility; engagement; characteristics; eye contact; who's/whose
- Learn and practice pronunciation – Intonation - showing surprise; statements that are questions; being sarcastic; showing anger
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
- Leaders Workbook
- PowerPoint Slides
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.