Basic English 11 – Asking for help is an entertaining course to help people improve their English by confidently asking others for help, directly and indirectly, and saying why you need help. It also covers basic grammar, useful everyday expressions and new vocabulary. The style is simple, clear and easy to follow, and will help learners develop confidence in speaking English correctly, both at work and in their personal lives.
Basic English 11 – Asking for help is part of the Cutting Edge Basic English Series which features great characters in amusing situations with fun storylines. It optimizes learner engagement in real conversations, with practical activities that are immediately applicable in the workplace, and in everyday life. The learning approach is founded on proven language learning principles presented in an innovative and effective style.
- Build confidence in speaking conversational English
- Learn how to ask for help – asking for information, asking how, asking directly and asking indirectly
- Learn some simple grammar – Inversion to make a question, Can you …? Will you …? Would you …? Could you …?
- Master some common phrases and expressions – give me a hand / lend me a hand, eye contact, high five
- Build vocabulary of words – helpful, friendly, positive
- Practice speaking with the examples that recap the lessons about choices – asking directly and asking indirectly
The Basic English learning package comprises 20 ground-breaking programs that combine psychology, linguistics and instructional design to engage learners of English.Designed by Linguistics Expert Dr Fran Byrnes and Psychologist Eve Ash.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
This is available as part of
- Leaders Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.