Describe family members and talk about friends and relatives.
The Basic English learning package comprises 20 ground-breaking programs that combine psychology, linguistics and instructional design to engage learners of English.Designed by Linguistics Expert Dr Fran Byrnes and Psychologist Eve Ash.
Interactive eLearning course
This video program is also available as a short stimulating eLearning course with interactive learning modules, recap activities, inline video and quiz assessments, designed to engage learners and build skills.
Basic English 02 – Family and friends is an entertaining course to help people improve their English and confidently describe family members and talk about friends and relatives. It also covers basic grammar, useful everyday expressions and new vocabulary. The style is simple, clear and easy to follow, and will help learners develop confidence in speaking English correctly, both at work and in their personal lives.
Basic English 02 – Family and friends is part of the Cutting Edge Basic English Series which features great characters in amusing situations with fun storylines. It optimizes learner engagement in real conversations, with practical activities that are immediately applicable in the workplace, and in everyday life. The learning approach is founded on proven language learning principles presented in an innovative and effective style.
elearning course learning objectives
- Build confidence in speaking conversational English
- Learn to talk about family members and friends
- Learn simple grammar – Possessive adjectives: my, his, her, our, your, their
- Master some everyday expressions like hang out / chill out, only child, making a mess
- Build vocabulary of family words, e.g. husband, partner, children
- Build confidence when speaking to and about family and friends
- Practice speaking with examples that recap the lessons, talking about family members, and practice the sound of TH
This is available as part of
- Leaders Guide
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.